I was completely thrilled to get a notification that a fellow blogger, DBandalan, has nominated me for the Liebster Award.
The Guidelines for the Liebster Award
The intent of the Liebster Award is to discover new bloggers. Bloggers are to award other bloggers that new to the blogging world. It is a welcome and a hope that it would spread the word of their blog. If you choose to accept the award, you must…
- Post the award to your blog
- Thank the blogger who nominated your blog for the award and link back to their blog
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 fellow bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers
- Answer the 11 questions posted by the award presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I suffer from anxiety and, at times, panic attacks.
- I am addicted to social media.
- I am also addicted to Diet Coke. (And, NO, Diet Pepsi will not substitute)
- I do not eat cooked fruit. (So, I do not like fruit pies, at all)
- I am left handed.
- My favorite flower is the Tulip.
- I have never really had a honeymoon with my husband. (Wish I could take a trip with him)
- I am so very near-sighted that I couldn’t function without either my glasses or contacts.
- I always wished I had a sister. (My brothers are clearly closer to each other than either one are to me. I’m the third wheel. I needed a sister to be my best friend,)
- I don’t really have a BEST friend. (I have friends but I would like to have that one person that I knew would always have my best interest at heart.)
- I am REALLY looking forward to being a grandma. I can’t wait see my babies have babies.
My Nominations of Fellow Bloggers
- My Own Private Idaho – http://impossiblebebong.wordpress.com/
- CHRISTUS St. Joseph Village – http://stjosephvillage.net/
- Dandelion Fuzz – http://katcarpita.wordpress.com/
- joyroses13 – http://joyroses13.wordpress.com/
- The Souzapalooza – http://thesouzapaloozablog.com/
- Perspectives On – http://terriwebsterschrandt.wordpress.com/
- One Unicorn at a Time – http://oneunicornatatime.wordpress.com/
- Story Teller – http://valiantwarrior.wordpress.com/
- The Metamorphosis of a Wallflower – http://themetamorphosisofawallflower.wordpress.com/
- My Decade Long Travels – http://mydecadelongtravels.wordpress.com/
- Retirement Lifestyle – http://007pandas.com/
The answers to my 11 questions from the person who nominated me.
- What was the most outrageous adventure you’ve done in your life in the last 3 years and why? I decided to run in a half-marathon. I trained for 4 months to get ready to run. I did it. I completed it. I was so very proud of myself.
- Are you an early bird or a night owl? I’m a little bit of both. I love to stay up late if I don’t have anywhere to go the next morning. Bit if I have something to do, I would rather get up and get it over with. Then, take a nap in the afternoon.
- What is the most exotic food you’ve eaten in your life? Where? My father was a Mexican-American. He used to make some crazy things, but it would have to be Cow’s tongue.
- What book genre do you read and who is your favorite author? I love romance books. I enjoy reading the Nicholas Sparks books.
- What was the last movie you watched that made you cry? The Fault in the Stars – This movie made me cry like a really big baby.
- Karaoke or Live band? Karaoke. It is so much fun.
- Road less traveled or Tourist attractions? Tourist attractions. I love to see the things that I have always heard about.
- Sheltered life or Free Spirited? Sheltered Life. I never really drank alcohol until I was an adult.
- Bungee Jumping or Sky diving? Neither. I don’t even like roller coasters.
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up (except opening your eyes)? I always grab for my phone.
- What is the best holiday for you and why? I love Christmas. I love it because I Jesus’s birthday, but also because it is just a happy time that brings family together.
My 11 Questions for my Nominees, if they choose to accept the award.
- What was your favorite toy as a child?
- Do you have a nickname? Explain.
- Would you rather take a cruise to the Bahamas or to Alaska? Why?
- What is your favorite movie of all time?
- Are you a planner or a fly by the seat of your pants type of person?
- Who is one person that you would like to visit with? Alive or dead.
- Summer or Winter?
- Crispy bacon or chewy bacon?
- What is a hobby of yours?
- Favorite sport to watch?
- Your favorite meal to eat?
This has been a wonderful experience for me. I’m really enjoying the blogging experience. I look forward to reading the blogs of my nominees and learning more about them. Thank you for inspiring me and leading me to challenge myself.